No matter what kind of pet shares their life with you, at some point you’re probably going to need help in caring for them. Whether it’s a daily drop-in and walk, or pet sitting while you’re out of town, you should always use a professional pet sitter or dog walker whether you’re in Fairfax, Virginia or any other city.
Keep reading to learn why.
5 Benefits a Pet Care Professional Guarantees
It can be tempting to entrust your pet to a friend, family member or even the next-door neighbor. But should you?
When inviting someone into your home to take care of your pet, it’s important to feel safe and secure in the knowledge you are using a true professional.
Don’t be fooled by platforms offering cheaper services; cheaper is not always better especially when it comes to trusting your private space and pet in someone else’s care! The old saying, “you get what you pay for” is still true today! Besides, do you really want to take a chance with your home or pet?
Here’s what you should expect from a professional pet sitter or dog walker:
- Professionals will be licensed, bonded and insured protecting you, your home and your pet.
- Professionals will be background checked.
- Professionals will be certified in Pet First Aid and CPR.
- Professionals will have a variety of experience in handling all kinds, breeds and sizes of pets, including yours. Remember, there is no substitute for good old-fashioned experience. There is no book or course equal to hands-on experience. A pet expert knows what to look for when it comes to your pet’s well-being and even more importantly, how to handle it!
Pet sitters are your eyes and ears when it comes to addressing any issues in your absence. Curious noses and paws can get pets into trouble when they’re home alone and medical issues can creep up during the day.
- Professionals will always keep their appointments and give your pet the attention, exercise and companionship (and even medications) they need on your schedule.
Did you know that some dog breeds do not do well on their own for long periods of time?
Breeds include the Australian Shepherd;
American Pit Bull Terrier; Chihuahua,
French Bulldog, Great Dane and more!
5 Things You Must Do When Looking for a Dog Walker or Pet Sitter
- Always do your due diligence. Never hire a pet sitter or dog walker sight unseen.
- Interview potential professionals in your home (called a “meet-and-greet”) and monitor your pet’s reaction. If your pet is uncomfortable or stays away from the pet care professional, keep looking.
- Ask for references and contact them!
- Use the pet care professional before an extended trip to make sure it’s a good match for everyone (and your pet).
- Schedule services as early as possible for complete peace of mind when you can’t be there. By scheduling early, you won’t have to accept just anyone because your trusted sitter/walker is busy.
Take the time to find the paw-fect pet sitter or dog walker for you and your pet. By hiring the right professional, your pet’s well-being, comfort and safety will be ensured!
Need a dog walker in the Fairfax or Reston Virginia area?
Kim’s Urban Hounds
We can’t wait to meet you and your pet(s) for all your pet care needs! Dog Walking, Pet sitting and House Sitting in the Fairfax and Reston Virginia areas. Dogs ~ Cats ~ Small Pets
Call us at 571-248-1022 or email Kim@KimsUrbanHounds.com
for your free meet-and-greet!
Image Credits (Shown in Order):